Each session is individualized and both healing modalities are sensitively integrated. The following presents the background of Reiki and the benefits it offers. Click here for more information about the first session.
What is Reiki?
Reiki is a Japanese word meaning universal life energy. It is a gentle method of hands-on healing that taps into the energy referred to as ki in Japan, chi in China, and prana in India. The practice of Reiki is based on the teachings of Mikao Usui, who practiced and taught healing techniques in early twentieth century Japan.
A Reiki Treatment is a gentle laying on of hands which unblocks and balances the body’s energy. It is relaxing, nurturing, energizing, and freeing. Clients lie on a table fully clothed.
The Benefits of Reiki
- Increases energy and vitality
- Balances energy and creates inner harmony
- Supports the body’s natural ability to heal itself
- Complements medical treatment, psychological counseling and massage therapy
- Loosens blocked energy and dissipates stagnated energy
- Transforms on physical, emotional, mental, spiritual levels Reduces stress and produces a state of relaxation
- Can alleviate pain
- Can help build a faith connection and strengthen the connection to our true self.
A “Reiki Practitioner” is trained and certified to give Reiki treatments. The teachings say that universal energy flows, not from the practitioner but rather through the practitioner, to you. You will receive the amount of energy you need to bring your mind, body and spirit into balance.
End of Life Care with Reiki
Individuals nearing the end of life experience a sense of calm and acceptance with gentle Reiki healing energy sessions. Reiki helps to reduce pain and anxiety leading to a more peaceful transition. It helps to create sacred space for the client and the family. In this setting Reiki is the primary modality used with a Clear Path energy session.
End of life care sessions are scheduled directly through Mary, where she comes to the home or care facility and sets up a sacred space. Please Contact Us for more information and pricing.